Search This Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Herb Pork Roast

Hubby bought me a new slow cooker but this time it has more function than just slow cooking. I can put the pot over the stove, and the base where the pot is seated I can use it for frying very cool huh? Anyway, since I lost my slow cooker somewhere I have not cook any pork roast or beef. When I got the slow cooker I immediately cook the pork roast here is my recipe.




Ingredients:

4-5 lbs pork roast, boneless or bone-in
4 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tbsp water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp thyme
1/2 tsp sage
 1/2 tsp ground cloves
2 pcs of potatoes peeled quartered ( or as many potatoes as you want)
carrots ( I used the already cut carrots)

Procedure:
1. In a small bowl combine the salt, thyme, sage, and cloves. Rub into pork roast.
2. Place pork roast in the slow cooker. Put the potatoes, garlic and water. Set the temperature to 4 to 5 hours (depending on how you like for the pork to be tender) . Put the carrots an hour or 33 minutes before you turn the cooker off.

                             Linking to FOOD FRIDAY , FOOD TRIP FRIDAY, FOODIE FRIENDS FRIDAY
                                     




9 comments:

joy said...

Tirhan mo ko ha? Nakagutom. Yummyyyy!

Kim, USA said...

Hi Joy oo meron pa dito hehe ^_^

Unknown said...

yum! it's been a while since i had pot roast. i love a pot roast that melts in the mouth.:p

Shrimp Pomelo Salad

Anonymous said...

Yum!! I haven't had pot roast in a long time. Sweet!

Iska said...

Melt in the mouth flavorful pot roast is yum!

Jenn said...

This is just wow! It's like eating restaurant-served food at the comforts of home. I'm jealous. :)

Hopping here thru Food Trip Friday.

Alil Country Sugar said...

One of my favorite meals is pork roast and veggies. This looks gorgeous! Congratulations on the new slow cooker. Thank you for sharing at Foodie Friends Friday.

cheerful said...

wow, its perfectly delicious and beautifully done, ganda po ng colors! :) thanks for sharing your recipe! visiting from Food Friday, see you around. :)

maiylah said...

that looks wonderful! a slow cooker is an interesting kitchen gadget...i think they are expensive around here, though.

thanks so much for sharing your yummy recipe and linking it over at Food Friday, Manang Kim

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin