5-7 lbs Jonathan, Red Delicious apples
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp grated lemon zest
1 1/2 ground cloves
1/2 tsp salt
1. Cut unpeeled apples into quarters and remove cores. I put them in a crock pot. Add apple cider. Place over medium heat for the whole night.
2. I process the apple mixture in the blender until smooth.
3. I combine the apple mixture, granulated sugar, cinnamon, lemon zest, cloves and salt in a big saucepan and mix well.
4. Place in a medium heat. Bring to a boil until thickened then turn the heat off.
5. Scooped into a sterilized pint jae, leaving 1/2 inch handspace. Seal with 2-piece lids. Store in pantry or refrigerate.
Linking to On The Menu Monday