Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Stir fry squash

Today here is what I cooked for lunch. After I slept at 5:00 am this morning and woke up 8:45 am (same morning of course hehe) we went to church and hear mass at 10:30 am. Came home and was hungry I prepare our lunch. I am craving for squash stir fry, sliced pork meat, and  fried fish.

Squash stir fry with cabbage

  1. 1 small acorn squash
  2. 2 cups of cabbage
  3. onion chopped
  4. 3 cloves garlic minced
  5. 1/2 lb pork slice
  6.  oil
  7. pinch of salt 
Put oil in the pan heat it. Put the cut pork let it brown. When it is brown put the onions and when it is translucent mix the garlic. Then put the squash put a 1/2 cup water cover it. If it gets dry and the squash is not yet tender add a little water. Cover till tender. Then mix the cabbage cover it again till tender. When the vegetables are tender season it with salt. Then it is done.
In the Philippines we call this fish "bilong-bilong". Here in the US in the Oriental store they label this fish moon fish. Anyway, I fried it today and what makes me laugh so hard is that hubby who is eating with me is watching me closely. Then he saw me ate the eyes, and he just close his eyes hahahahaha. I knew Americans aren't used to this sightings lol but in the Philippines we like to eat the eyes first, then the fish cheek where meat is fat, lol!! With my viand today I prepare soy sauce and vinegar for a dip for my fish. End up tummy's full!!
                                                           Linking this post to YUMMY SUNDAY

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there ms. kim, thanks for your comment, it means a lot...I enjoyed your blog, it makes me wanna eat more...LOL

Perfectly Blended said...

Wow! the fish makes me hungry :)

The Pathway said...

That's true, we love the eyes of the fish and it's delicious...Thanks for the visit.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin