Search This Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Vietnamese food

Last Thursday hubby and I went to visit his cousin who works at Oakland University. It was lunch time so she suggested that to have lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant. Haven't been to any Vietnamese restaurant so I was excited to eat the food. Well here is what we order.
The wrapper of this is called rice wrapper? The dip is peanut with some kind of a sauce.

I am not a sandwich person but this makes me hook. Love it! The sauce that they put inside is something I have to find what it is, really ^_^

We ordered seafood soup. It has shrimp, squid and crab, then a noodles with a lot of herbs. I taste "kintsay" in this soup which I have to find out the English word of "kintsay". Love this soup too.

This is fried rice. As a Filipino fried rice is a common dish specially in the morning. I am not used to put sauce on the rice when I cooked fried rice though. I think my fried rice is much tastier with this one ^_^



                            I so love to visit different restaurant to taste and comment about the food lol! Oh I forgot to snap a photo of the Durian smoothies, I rate it with a five star, it's super delish hubby consume it all!! I can just imagine if he smells the real Durian fruit if he will go near it hahaha. Love our food adventure last Thursday, tonight we are going to a Japanese restaurant, awesome!!

                                   Linking this post  to Luscious Saturday and Yummy Sunday

7 comments:

kimmy said...

hmmm... haven't tried Vietnamese food yet, but that certainly looks yummy!

Grace and John said...

Hello Manang Kim... mas masarap pinoy foods di ba?

Diamond R said...

the first one wrapped in rice wrapper looks yummy. parang dumplings ng Chinese.

gengen said...

Looks yummy...

Perfectly Blended said...

i was attracted to picture no.2... the sandwich. The vegetables looks crunchy. :)

Maharlikah said...

Yum yum :-)lahat ng foods...

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

nakakabusog.............

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin