Search This Blog

Monday, October 8, 2012

Spaghetti Squash Parmesan

Today, I amde spaghetti squash parmesan. This is my second time I cook with spaghetti squash. I never know this kind of squash existed until my DIL told me about it. So here is my Spaghetti Squash Parmesan.

Bake the spaghetti squash for an hour upside down. Photo above that is how it looks after an hour.


hot water with chicken bouillon cubes

See how it look like when it is shredded. It looks like spaghetti.

Here it is my spaghetti squash parmesan
Ingredients:

1 (2 lbs) spaghetti squash
4 tbsp butter
6 tbsp all purpose flour
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/2 cup hot water
1 1/2 cups milk ( I used skim milk)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
2 tbsp parmsan cheese (to used later for browning)

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 350F
2. Cut the squash in half lenghtwise; remove and discard seeds. Place squash on a baking sheet. Bake until tender or about 1 hour. Separate the strands of squash with a forl and place in a medium bowl; discard shells. Maintain the oven temperature.
3. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Reduce heat to low. Cook mixture, stirring continually, for 5 minutes.
4. Dissove bouillon cubes in hot water. Stir into flour mixture. Add milk gradually, whisking continually.
5. Cook the sauce, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan.
6. Add squash to the sauce and mix well. Spoon into a 3-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan. Bake until bubbly and golden, about 30 munutes or a little more.

                                Linking to On The Menu Monday, Delicious DishesTuesdays At the Table



2 comments:

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

sarap niyan....thanks for the 4 years visiting my blog.....

Tetcha Figuerres said...

I love the end product! It looks lovely and appetizing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin