Search This Blog

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Pinakbet with Lechon

When you live here in the US we all know that not all vegetable are available to you in a matter of minutes. Unlike in the Philippines when vegetables are fresh and you can find it in the market every day. Here in my place I have to travel about an hour just to get the vegetable I need but with the high price of gas I would settle to what is available in my garden. Right now my garden is producing great with tomatoes, eggplant, beans, cabbage etc. Last week I had a bring home food (lechon or roasted pork) from a friends party. I was craving for vegetable and so I decided to make paksiw with lechon. I also mix a little of shrimp paste and the dish is really good. Here is my shot for my paksiw with lechon.


Ingredients:
* Beans
* Eggplant
* tomatoes
* shrimp paste
* lechon or roasted pork

                                                           Linking to FOOD FRIDAY and YUMMY SUNDAY


10 comments:

Heather S-G said...

Definitely a mouthwatering meal - lovely!

Oggi said...

Oh, this looks delicious!

Unknown said...

lechon na lang sa akin.:p

PERFECTLY BLENDED said...

I like to have a garden where I can also get fresh veggies. Sad to say I don't much time for gardening. I only have malunggay and camote tops in our yard.

Inigo Boy said...

Oh my, this is making me hungry! Pass the rice please!

Tintin.Tetay said...

Visiting from YS.

Nagimas met, Manang. :)

Lalaine said...

wow! it's good that you have your own vegetable garden..

Jenn said...

Kahit beans at eggplant lang ang nasa pakbet, it looks like a feast na rin, manang! I haven't tasted one with lechon, pero pakbet with bagnet, ang sarap!

Tetcha said...

That looks delicious! Why haven't I thought of doing that? I must try whipping up that yummy Pinoy dish soon. Thanks for this brilliant idea!

maiylah said...

parang gourmet pinakbet (because of the lechon)! yummm...love the idea of adding in veggies! :)

thanks so much for sharing and linking over at Food Friday, Manang Kim
sooo sorry for the super late visit....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin