Even if in Winter or Fall season almost every week there is always a party. Well, it's because it's the only time for the most Filipinos to get together and enjoy a sumptuous Filipino food. So how can we eat well without having to diet? Remember, Filipino dish is always cooked in our household most specially the dried fish that stinks, husband and kids would complain to the max, lol!! I found some tips from Jill Duplex, author of Lighten up: A New Healthier Way to Cook:
1. Eat for pleasure and good health, not for weight loss.
2. Steam instead of grill, grill instead of roast, roast instead of fry, shallow-fly instead of deep fry.
3. Drink better, drink less and drink only with the evening meal.
4. Eat more fish, chicken, vegetables and salads, and less red meat, pork, pasta, pastry and potatoes.
5. If you really want something, enjoy it without guilt, then lighten up the next day.
So what you think of this idea. Seems it's okey for me to follow. Anyway, the next day after a sumptuous meal with friends I don't like to eat that much. One thing too, many of us feel guilty that they think about gaining some pounds when they get home or in the next morning. I think for me it will cause an effect in your body. Why not just enjoy and let it go. Life is short ^)^