I don't measure the ingredients. It's up to you how much you put meat and vegies. For me I love a lot of vegies in my stew. And since it's only me and hubby and he loves vegies too I throw a good portion of carrots, peas and not much of potatoes because I eat it with rice, lol! Here is the recipe!
- Pork (sliced in cubes)
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce ( I used my homemade tomato sauce, sweet!)
- 2 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, (peeled and cubed) remember you can't be wrong to how much you put vegetable in your stew the more vegies you put the healthier it is
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 small red/yellow/ bell pepper, chopped
- a pinch of Italian seasoning
- garlic powder (all the seasoning that you put into your dish IT DEPENDS on your taste and liking, right? I don't usually follow what written in the recipe because you knew how your family like.
- 1/2 cup or more for FROZEN peas
- a little of oil
- 1/2 cup water
In a large saucepan put a little oil (if you want to put a little butter go ahead just don't let it burn), brown the meat over medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir in the water, tomato sauce, potato, carrot, onion, red pepper, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.Stir in peas; simmer 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Happy cooking!
Linking this post to FOLLOW FRIDAY 40 and OVER
BOOST MY BLOG FRIDAY