Search This Blog

Saturday, January 16, 2010

YummySunday: Ginisang kalabasa at sitaw

It's yummy Sunday again and my foodah for this week is ginisang kalabasa(squash) at sitaw (long beans). When I was in the Philippines this dish is just a hand away from me. Because everyday this kind of vegetable is always in the market. And because of that sometimes we don't appreciate it. But when I got here in the US oh my, I crave a lot of dishes that I used to eat. Most specially the fish and the vegetables. If I really have to buy long beans I had to drive 30 or more minutes just to go to International market and sometimes thinking about the drive makes me lazy already. Last two years ago, I meet a Filipina who plants pinoy veggies and sell it, it was then that I decided to have a garden and plant long beans, okra, talong(eggplant) etc. Harvest time came since I can't eat it all I freeze it and it took me many months to consume all. Now I am destined to make a vegetable garden again and plant long beans. Here is the picture!

                                                    For more YummySunday entries visit HERE














4 comments:

Lalaine's World said...

i haven't had kalabasa for quite some time too.. i'll include that in my grocery list for this evening.. thanks for sharing!

Lalaine's World
From Asia and Beyond
Day to Day Miracles
Trying to be Fit
Not a Shopaholic

nuts said...

and thats freshly picked from the garden.. Im just few meters away from the market and i might cook that veg later for dinner..
so yummy!
Mine is here!

wenn said...

yea, long beans my favorite!

Perfectly Blended said...

I love vegetables! Yummy food Kim!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin