The other day we were talking about what we had from our garden. I told them that pumpkins are very expensive I am certain I would plant more pumpkins next year. Then the word spaghetti squash came out. I have never tasted nor cooked spaghetti squash I do not have any idea what it looks. My husband says he had it before and my SIL like it very much. I asked her how I am going to cooked the spaghetti squash after hearing everything I am destined to try it. The next day I went to a closest farm and there it was the spaghetti squash. I could not believe how much it is worth one piece is $2.00. So I thought another plant to plant next year, my list just add up every year to what to plant. Anyway, that day I cooked my very first spaghetti squash.
|Spaghetti squash and pork stir fry|
|Still in the wok|
* 1 2-pound spaghetti squash
* 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut in length
* 2 tsp sesame oil
* 2 or 3 green onions ( I used our Egyptian onion the smaller leaves)
* 3 cloves of garlic, mashed and minced
* 1/2 tsp of ginger paste ( you can use fresh ginger)
* salt to taste ( be careful with salt because you already have a soy sauce)
* 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
* 1 pinch of chili ( optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. I cut in halves the spaghetti squash. Use the big knife you have because it is a bit hard. Cut in halves, scooped the seeds ,discard. I then put the two halves in a baking sheet, cut side down, I drizzle some olive oil for a little bit of taste. Bake until the squash is tender, about 45 minutes but check it out often. Let cool then shred the flesh with a fork.
Note: This part I was very impressed. Because it is my first time to cook spaghetti squash. When I shred the meat with fork it just fall like a spaghetti form ( see above) I do not have a hard time shredding it. They look like spaghetti!
3. Slice pork into thin lengthwise.
4. Heat a large wok over low-medium heat. Put the oil, then add onions, garlic, ginger and salt; cook, stirring, until fragrant. Do not let it burn. Add the pork, and stir, let it cooked for 3 minutes. Add the squash threads and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar and chili, stir, let it cook for a little bit. Do not cover just stir the squash until all the ingredients are mix. You can smell the aroma it does smell good. And the taste it is so good! Try it!
Linking to Food Friday, Food Trip Friday, Foodie Friends Friday