Setting the table is often a hurried task that leaves family members wondering about the correct placement of the flatware, plates, napkins and glassware. You don't have to add stress to your dinner plans, just start with basic table setting to dress up your dinner table and set the mood for your dinner party or gathering.
This is appropriate for most occasions, and you just add to the basic pieces as needed.
1) The dinner plate is positioned in the center of the place setting and everything else is
placed around it.
2) The flatware is arranged around the plate in the order in which it will be used:
* To the left of the plate is the fork.
* To the right of the plate is the knife and spoon. The knife is placed to the right
of the plate with the sharp edge toward the plate. To the right of the knife is the spoon.
3) A water glass goes above the knife.
4) Napkins can be placed under the fork or on the plate for an informal setting.
source: The Taste of Home Cookbook
Linking to : Tablescape Thursday and TABLE TOP TUESDAY
This and That Thursday