Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Dinner With In Laws

Today was the 7th death anniversary of my MIL. I told hubby that I am going to host a dinner for his brother and sisters and their husbands and wife. I was busy today and everything came out well.

                                                      I bought 7 lbs pork shoulder blade. I put pineapple juice, pineapple chunk, peppercorn, little soy sauce, 1/4 cup brown sugar, garlic, bay leaf. I slow cooked overnight. But should start slow cooking in the morning since it came out too tender. And then I don't like the soy sauce because it will give dark color to the pork when it is done.



 This is the look for the overnight slow cooking. I found out 4 hrs is enough since the pork is not too big. And then choose the pork that has no fat or less fat don't like too much oil on the gravy. ^_^


                                                         Hamonado Filipino Style


                                                Linking to What's Cooking Wednesday




1 comment:

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

I love pork shoulder, especially when it's cooked slowly and is "falling apart tender". I like the idea of the pineapple and brown sugar. I use those when I cook a bone-in ham so why not with pork shoulder? Yumm!

Newly following from What's Cooking Wednesday! Happy Holidays!
~Mrs B

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin