Search This Blog

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tocino in the morning...


Are you a breakfast eater? I am. I eat like a king at breakfast and a pauper at dinner time. Because I believed that in the morning you have to fuel yourself after a long hour of fast the whole night. Besides when I am full at breakfast I am not hungry almost the whole day. The other day I fry my homemade tocino and tocino is the only filipino food that hubby love to eat at breakfast. Here is my picture.



I used pork loin cut thinly
garlic minced
salt and pepper to taste
7 Up and a little squeeze of lemon juice
brown sugar
I mixed them and marinate it for 4 days. The result was good

8 comments:

Confession Nook said...

wow..this is purely home-made tocino..i thought i couldn't make pork tocino without the help of a tocino mix...ill try this out!=)

Kim, USA said...

Hi CN, you can make your home-made tocino minus all the chemical added pa. Try mo and let me know.

Rossel said...

favorite ng daughter ko tocino.kahit yata araw-araw yan ang ulam nya e hindi sya magsasawa. mas maganda kung home made kase walang salitre and food color.

Kim, USA said...

Hello Ross, oo mas masarap ang homemade kasi alam natin kung gaano ka safe ang nilagay nating mga ingredients. I guess salitre and foodcolor is not good for us.

♥peachkins♥ said...

your tocino looks good.ako din fave ko ang tocino pero gusto ko talaga kulay red..wehehe

Anonymous said...

hello po manang kim, ang sarap ng luto nyo dito..tulad nyo kanin din ang kailangan ko sa umaga kase mahirap ang magutom lalo na at nagutom tayo sa magdamag..pag tocino ulam ko sawsaw suka lang yan ayos na

cpsanti said...

wow, i love love tocino, i'll try your recipe out soon. this would make a great breakfast! how about tapa, have you tried that? ;-)

Wengss said...

i love tocino,I also made tocino here sometimes. I brought a lot of tocino mix from phils.
hubby really loves tocino too, lalo na yong tapa ay naku.
Ngaun na summer is here mag start na rin ako magluto ng tocino to feel na nasa pinas ako hehe.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin