Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Puto or Rice Muffin

Last Tuesday I made something for my kids at school. I decided I will cook puto or rice muffin for them. I did not know that the twins in my class is going to have a birthday this Thursday. Puto is made of ground rice but  I do not have a ground rice so I only cook the pre-puto mix. It was my first time to cook pre-puto mix and it turned out really good. 

This is the pre puto mix that I bought from an Oriental store.
















 I follow the directions on the box. And with my colorful molder I put 3/4 of the mixture.
I let my steamer boil then I put my puto to steam for about 35 minutes. But 5 minutes before the steamer turn off I put the cheese on top. When it is done the cheese melt and it mixes to the puto.









 These is how it looks when I opened the puto before the steamer turn off. I put the cheese.
And here is what it looks like when the cheese melted. When I go back to the Oriental store this weekend I will buy more of this puto mix because I like it and so my students at church/school.










      Linking to FOOD FRIDAY and YUMMY SUNDAY and DELICIOUS DISHES

19 comments:

Tal said...

Looks so yummy! I'll look for that puto mix in the grocery next time. :)

Unknown said...

wow, instant puto! looks good--a perfect snack.

Dhemz said...

ayay! pagkalami...asa man ka nagpalit anang imong molder teKim? nice kau....I use the same kind brand...ehehe...ok ra pod kau ang timpla...not too sweet!

thanks for dropping by!

KM said...

this is what i've been wanting to get! my husband wants a big, heavy duty steamer (like the aluminum ones in Pinas) but we can't find any similar to that here :(

Iska said...

Oh wow! Hindi ako magaling sa mga pinoy na kakanin. This is awesome! I should try and find this. Mukhang madaling gawin. Your mini puto look really lovely :-)

imriz said...

that makes me want to cook puto this weekend.
(did u know, i only ground regular rice into my blender and that's it^_^, nagiging putong puti din naman siya, hihi)

happy weekends, manang kim.

i♥pinkc00kies said...

nice! my sis like putting butter or cheez whiz on top :)

Mika said...

WOW PUTO!!! I always buy puto from Goldilocks, now I'll try to make some since there's no Goldilocks here in Chicago :)

xinex said...

Mmmm looks good, I have to try this. Thanks Kim...Christine

maiylah said...

yummm...i use that brand, too! i have always been looking for one of those puto moulders...did you buy them online? :)

thank you so much for sharing over at Food Friday, Manang Kim

Czjai said...

I see this at the supermarket quite often. Must give it a try one of these days. :)

Jessica said...

yum...puto looks so delish and so colorful and am sure it has heavenly sent :-) am drooling too :-) Visiting from Yummy Sunday, hope that you can return the visit too.

http://www.adventurousjessy.com/2012/02/my-9th-birthday-celebration.html

kimmy said...

i love puto, manang! kaso i never learn how to prepare one, lol!

bailey said...

hey i found you through a blog hop and am now following you. i hope you can follow me back at
baysbooks.blogspot.com
thanks

amiable amy said...

OMG Kim...this is really delicious... thanks a lot for the visit in my blog and for the comment...it's been a long time hehehe...glad to be here again.

Pinx said...

good thing there are puto mixes already available... so easy to make, anytime pa... yummmm, sarap naman! visiting from YS!

Jay said...

This inspires me to pick up some Puto the next time I am at the market. Thanks for sharing!

cheerful said...

wow, that looks so delicious and cheesy! try ko nga din yan, sana may available dito sa bkk. visiting from YS, hope you can visit me back. thanks and have a great weekend. :)

Perfectly Blended said...

Perfect! What an easy way to cook puto.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin