Search This Blog

Monday, February 18, 2013

Alamo

One year this month hubby and I went to San Antonio, Texas. One place that I was aching to visit is the historical place Alamo. So we went to the place one afternoon and it was pouring hard but it did not stopped me from taking photos. People were in their jackets but what the heck I am from Michigan it is only rain not snow hehehehe. Anyway, though it was raining hard I took a lot of photos and one of it is this shot. Spot the blue and red?



And we were not able to get inside because of the rain. I am still thinking of this place and when I get back to San Antonio, Texas next time I see to it I will be there early in the morning so we could roam the place and enjoy.



                                            Linking to BLUE MONDAY, RUBY TUESDAY 2


15 comments:

Ralph said...

This is a historic place - to stand with courage against al odds is something we all wish we could do. So no matter the weather nor season, we remember the sacrifices of men wh died free...

lina@happy family said...

This place is very famous. Awesome shots, Kim.

SmilingSally said...

Jim Bowie, who died in the Alamo, is an ancestor of mine. I have been there to visit, and fortunately for me, it wasn't raining.

Have a good Blue Monday, Kim.

Karen said...

I love that walkway in the first pic!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post and great photography ~ ^_^ ~ Fascinating history.

Jama said...

Fascinating place!

Jeanne said...

Too bad you couldn't see inside. I would love to see The Alamo. I hope you did get there later.
Jeanne xo

lina@womens perspectives said...

Came here again from RT.
I love visiting historical places. It's a pity that the weather didn't support you to explore more.
Happy Tuesday!

Jidhu Jose said...

first pic is so beautiful....i like to visit these type of places

Pie said...

Wonderful pics.

I played too. Mine are here and here.

xinex said...

Your photos are beautiful, Kim!..Christine

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

nice place.....from my favorite NBA team...san antonio spurs...

Mona said...

came from RT2 .. Like all the photos though i haven't seen what's inside but for sure you're going back here so have time to share :)

Liz said...

It's beautiful. I hope I can visit someday.

My entries:
Liz (mcn)
Liz (yacb)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Is it like a tour thing ate where you just listen to what the place is all about?

Catching up with Ruby Tuesday.

You might want to peek at my Family Rubies , thanks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin