Search This Blog

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Fresh Miki

In the Philippines, we have a neighbor who make fresh miki or noodles. Growing up I am not used to this dry noodles but when our neighbor closed their store we started to buy dry noodles. When I got here in the US I could only find dry noodles but I did try to find fresh miki or noodles. Until I found this Oriental store who sold fresh miki in packed. I was so happy I couldn't contain what I feel the memories flooded in my mind how we enjoy afternoon snack at home and while mother is cooking the  fresh miki with vegetable. This afternoon I was craving for fresh miki with lots of cabbage and carrots. So here are my photos I take while cooking. ^_^

                              I saute the onion and until the onion is translucent I put the minced garlic.


     Then I mixed the cubed/shredded chicken. I used one breast for this. I boil water and then put the chicken. I waited until the inside of the chicken is a bit cooked.
       

                       Then I mixed the sliced carrots. I seasoned with salt and a little pepper here.


                                  Then I put the sliced cabbage, then the fresh miki/noodles.
                                Before covering I put chicken stock so it won't dry out. Simmer for 15 minutes or until the vegetable and the noodle is tender.


        See this is almost done. So I cover and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until tender. And since I don't like my vegetable to be limp and too cooked I turned off the heat and let it simmer. Cover.


                                                      This is the miki that I so love!

                                         My miki/noodle is done! Eat while it is hot!


                                                       Linking to FOOD FRIDAY


6 comments:

xinex said...

Yum! I will have to look for this next time I go to the oriental store...Christine

Unknown said...

wow! that is soooo masarap talaga! naglaway ako hihihih!

thanks for dropping by :)

Chelo @ Home and Bahay said...

Hey Kim! That looks pretty good :) I love one dish meals. Thanks for sharing how you make it. (Visit Food Friday)

Luna Miranda said...

sarap! my mom also prefers the fresh miki. mas masarap 'to pag may shrimps, pork and chicken liver.:p ayy, biglang nag crave ng pancit canton. hahaha

mymy said...

sarap! pati tuloy ako parang gusto ko kumain ng miki... :)

happy new year!

maiylah said...

yummm, yummy dish!
i love your technique to keeping your veggies cooked but still crunchy: putting out the heat while the dish is simmering, then covering it for a while before serving. saves on gas, too!

thanks so much for sharing over at Food Friday, Manang Kim
Happy 2012!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin