Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Arroz Caldo

Went to church at 10:30 am it's raining hard. But do we have to complain? It's only rain compare to other states that they are flooded so be happy then. ^_^. When we get home I immediately prepare all the ingredients that I need for making Arroz Caldo. With the weather like this it's good to have soup at the same time it fills your tummy well.
Ingredients:

1 big piece chicken thigh ( boiled it until tender let it cool then I shred it)
1 cup of rice (uncooked)
garlic
ginger paste
chicken bouillon
green onion
fish sauce
casuba or safflower
black pepper
lemon juice

Procedure:
I cooked the rice first to tender. I put at least 4 or 5 cups of water and let it boil but continue stirring until the rice is tender. Put more water if the rice isn't too tender. When the rice is tender I put the shredded chicken, a little ginger paste (don't have a fresh ginger), garlic, chicken bouillon and a little of fish sauce to taste. Let it boil  and stir again. Then I put two pinches of safflower and black pepper. Turn the heat off then serve it with chopped green onion and a dash of lemon dash. If it's not too salty for you put more fish sauce on your plate.  Time to eat!!

                                                 Linking this post to YUMMY SUNDAY

4 comments:

teJan said...

wow..this is actually my favorite..so yummy:) tnx for droppping by my YS!

Perfectly Blended said...

this is one of my hubby's favorite. :-)

♥♥ Willa ♥♥ said...

I'm thinking of making it one of this days.

Visiting late thru Yummy Sunday

{cherry} Everyday said...

haven't made arroz caldo in a long time. might do this one of these days except that i'm avoiding rice right now...

visiting late via Yummy Sunday:
http://www.cherryeveryday.com/2011/05/day-5-and-adobo/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin